Monday, January 23, 2012

My neighbors, Emily and Max

by Laura Sullivan

Hi friends,

I had the great pleasure of listening to my neighbor, Emily Colson, talk about her book, Dancing with Max yesterday at the Duxbury Free Library. I have to be truthful, I went more slightly as a neighborly obligation, and left wishing my whole family came with me. She is a wonderful speaker, and gives a perspective on children with autism, and how a life lived with joyful abandon can be liberating to anyone.

I have known Emily for a few years now, and can attest that she is always sunny, happy, and smiling. She completely embraces the joy  in life, and all that she has with her son, Max.

Thank you for sharing your story, Emily, you are an inspiration, and very funny, too!

See Emily's blog at: http://emilycolson.com/emilys-blog

Dancing with Max is available at Westwinds today. Come in and pick up a copy, and say "Hi" to Emily and Max when they see you on their adventures around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment